A) Bala Badi (4-6 yrs)
- Encouraging kids to speak words completely.
- Asking questions and make them answer in a complete sentence.
- Interactive sessions
- Teaching without help of English words
- Coloring every letter twice in each class.
- Scissors, glue sticks and crayons are used.
RHYMES & STORIES:
- Using audio CD and audio files.
- Giving importance to pronunciation.
- Repeating Rhymes 4 to 5 times in each class.
- Picture stories; Preparing kids to tell the stories with the help of pictures.
B) PRAVESAM (6+ yrs)
• Simple words with 2 or 3 letters
• 1-10 numbers, relationships, days of the week, food
• Interactive – Talking, likes & dislikes, introducing grammar with interactive sessions, connect the dots pictures, word relationship.
• Poems, songs, listening stores
• 1-20 numbers, fruits, vegetables, animals, birds, colors.
• Interactive – talking with the help of word puzzles, experiences, action words (sleep, wake up, go, come), doing work (present, past, future works, asking questions, interactions when waking up & going to school, connect the dots pictures, word relationship.
• Poems, listening and telling small picture stories, listening and understanding big stories
- 1-50 numbers, body parts, weather
- Interactive – people doing work in 3 tenses. This is mine-that is yours, we – ours, our-ours-me, talking with the help of word puzzles
- Poems, listening and telling small picture stories, listening and understanding big stories
Classes are at the RGD Irving every Sat from 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM
- To learn more about ManaBadi visit this website: http://manabadi.siliconandhra.org/
- For Registrations to Telugu classes click here: https://manabadiportal.siliconandhra.org/manabadi/#!/registration (Make this a new window pop-up).
Our new enhanced year long Telugu curriculum will include prayers, rhymes, reading and writing vowels (Achulu). Show and tell method will help students to learn and improve basic Telugu conversational skills. Students will also learn to recognize (read and write) numbers.
Sat 1:30 pm – 3 pm, Sat 1:30 pm – 3:30 pm
Dr. Vardhini Banda received her BHMS (Bachelor of Homeopathy Medicine and Surgery) degree from Central Council of Homeopathy, Delhi, India. After completing her residency in Hyderabad at Homeopathy College, she has been practicing homeopathy in India and US for over 10 years. She is from Andhra Pradesh.
She learnt Telugu language as a student in India and is passionate about teaching it to kids growing up in the West. She has taught Telugu and Science to Elementary kids for 2 years. She believes Telugu is a language of poets and of literary people and knowing this language can provide access a treasure chest of literary works. Ravindranath Tagore has said of Telugu that it is the sweetest of all Indian Languages.